02 Nov 5 Keys to Finding the Right Lead Vendor for Your Agency
If you’re a new agent, you may be feeling overwhelmed with the number of different vendors calling your office daily trying to sell you their lead program.
What’s the right thing to do and how? This article will help you find the right company for your agency, and know which ones to avoid.
- Find a lead company you can trust. It is important to know what you’re signing up for and I promise it will save you from many headaches down the road. Whether it’s talking to some of your peers or finally taking that sales rep’s call, make sure you focus on the following subjects when considering a company.
- Customer service – chances are the sales rep is not going to cover everything. Make sure the company has an accessible customer support department and you have their information handy. You’re going to have questions and concerns so make sure they have REAL and reliable people there to help you out.
- Exceptional Quality – Let’s be realistic. Not every lead is going to be a home run, however, understanding how the company retrieves their leads is a big deal. Incentivized advertising and recycled information are areas you want to avoid entirely.
- Understand their business model and who their working with– Do your research. You want to feel confident with your investment so make sure you know who they are. Who are they affiliated with? How many times do they sell these leads? Is there a contract you’ll be opted into? How much money is this going to cost you?
- Get set up with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform like Blitz Lead Manager or Contactability. As a busy agent, you need to know what follow up call is going to be the highest and best use of your time. Doing this without a CRM is difficult. A CRM platform will help you organize your leads into a format that makes sense for your whole team. If you or a sales producer is out of the office, other team members can step in without missing a step.
- Have multiple sales producers. Chances are high that you will be busy at 8am on a Monday morning, as well as your office managers. Having additional, capable sales producers creates a culture and environment where you can quickly contact each lead that comes in.
- Respond within 1 minute, and do it with a lasting impression. Other agents will call your lead, how will you stand out?
Here are some tips:
- People love to hear their name, use it often!
- Eliminate negativity
- Keep it simple – no insurance verbiage
- Have a sense of humor
- Persistence is key! Sticking to your follow up process will separate the average agents from the good, and the good from the great. Studies show the average agent calls each lead 1.5 times, when in fact, the average number of calls it takes to make a sale is 6. It is not just the number of follow ups, but how you follow up that makes a difference.
Internet leads may not be every agent’s cup of tea, but it is important to not group the industry as a whole. If you’ve been burned before or haven’t purchased leads in ages, it may be time to reassess. Follow these steps and you’ll have success.